New Net Now Operational
The new practise strip and net is constructed and fully operational. Please check out the latest photos on our Facebook page to see the improvement on our old facility.
Cricket Net Replacement Project
As anyone who has played at the Recreation Ground will agree, our practise net and all weather strip have seen better days. The all weather practise strip was constructed in 1997 and the existing cage and net around ten years ago as a 'temporary' measure, but the time has now come to find a permanent solution. Hemyock Cricket Club are therefore in the process of trying to obtain funding through Viridor to replace the current dilapidated strip, cage and net with a new purpose built practise facility which will serve the community for many years to come.
GREAT NEWS!!! as of June 2014 Hemyock have secured 90% of the cost of replacing the cricket net with a grant from Viridor and now need to raise the remaining 10% through fund raising or a third party patron. If you have a mattress stuffed full of cash then please let us know, alternatively please attend our fund raising events over the coming months.
The cricket net project has now been fully funded thanks to the contribution from Viridor, a grant from the local Parish Council and fund raising by the Cricket Club. The old net has been removed in readiness for the construction of the new practise net and strip, which should start shortly after Easter, just in time for the new season.